Fluorine-polymers are resistant against nearly all known chemical compounds.
Fluorine-polymer has a smooth surface of extremely low surface tension which is why virtually nothing adheres to this material.
Fluorine-polymer is moisture rejecting, doesn’t swell and is not be damaged by welding.
Fluorine-polymer is used, where conventional material wouldn’t resist the environmental conditions.
Fluorine-polymer is applied in the civil and military sector as well as in the aviation- and aerospace technology.
Fluorine-carbon-resins have following important characteristics:
- high heat-resistance during permanent operation
- HELUFLON®-FEP up to 250°C
- HELUFLON®-PTFE up to 260°C
- outstanding resistant against dielectric strength
- constant dielectric characteristics
- no moisture absorption
- resistant against nearly all chemical products
- insensitive temperature fluctuations
- good mechanical characteristics, no formation of cracks, wear-resistant
- low coefficient of friction
- light resistant (also UV)
Material Initial Code
Nominal Temperature in °C (permanent - approx. 25000h)
Nominal Temperature in °C (temporary)
Break-down Temperature, Melting Point (°C)
Dielectric Number at 60 Hz (20°C)
Density 10³ kg/m³ (20°C)
Specific Resistance Ohm x cm (20°C)
Break-down Resistance kV/mm (20°C)
Tension MPa (20°C)
20 - 25
35 - 45
Breaking Point % (20°C)
150 - 300
250 - 300
350 - 400
Porosity % (20°C)
Resistance to Chemicals
Radiation Resistance 1) x 104 GY
1) Values shown include high dosage and ca. 50% rest smoldering values
is the Exclusive Importer of HUMMEL products. We offer over 6,000 different Types and Sizes of RoHS Compliant Liquid Tight Strain Relief Fittings, Cord Grips,
Cable Glands, Circular Connectors, Conduit System, Industrial Enclosures and Other Related Cable Management Products which are rated the best in the industry.
7374 S. Eagle Street
Centennial, CO 80112-4221 USA
Toll Free: 800-677-8942 / 303-680-5159 FAX: 303-680-5344