Halogen-Free, +150°C/+302°F, 600 V, Two Approvals Silicone Multi Conductor Cable
UL-CSA approved Silicone cables were designed for use wherever insulation is subjected to extreme temperature changes. They are heat resistant for permanent temperatures up to +180°C/+356°F, and short time for operation to +220°C/+428°F. These cables have great environmental resistance properties and can be used at temperatures as low as -60°C/-76°F. Silicone cables are halogen-free and are especially suitable for installation in power stations. They have also found their uses in steel producing industries, aviation industry, ship building as well as in ceramic, glass and cement factories.
Due to the elastic characteristics of the conductor insulation, they are used as flexible connection cables.
CE= The product is conformed with the EC Low-Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC and 93/68/EEC.
- Tinned copper conductors to DIN VDE 0295 cl. 5, BS 6360 cl. 5 and IEC 60228 cl. 5
- Silicone conductor insulation
- Conductor identification to DIN VDE 0293-308 color coded or black conductors with continuous white numbers
- For 2-conductors brown, blue
- Conductors stranded in layers with optimal lay-length
- Green-yellow earth-conductor (3 conductors and above)
- Outer jacket of silicone
- Jacket color: Preferably black
- Advantages: Minimal changes of dielectric strength and the insulation resistance also at high temperatures, high ignition or flash point, in case of fire, forms an insulating layer of SiO2
- Resistant to high molecular oils, fats from vegetables and animals, alcohols, plasticizers and clophenes, diluted acids, lye and salt dissolution, oxidation substances, tropical influences and weather, lake water, oxygen and UV
- Halogen-free according to DIN VDE 0482 part 267/ EN 50267-2-1/ IEC 60754-1 (equivalent DIN VDE 0472 part 815)
- Behavior in fire no flame propagation test according to DIN VDE 0482 part 265-2-1 / EN 50265-2-1 / IEC 60332-1 (equivalent DIN VDE 0472 part 804 test method B)
- For laying as a fixed installation only in open or ventilated pipe systems as well as in ducts. Otherwise the mechanical properties of the silicon are reduced by the enclosed air at temperatures exceeding +90°C/+194° F.
- Special silicone multi conductor cable with higher heat-resistance range to UL Style 4476 and CSA AWM II A/B
- Temperature Range VDE -60°C to +180°C (-76°F to +356°F) (up to +220°C/+428°F for short time), UL/CSA, -50°C to +150°C (-58°F to +302°F)
- Nominal Voltage
VDE U0/U 300/500 V, UL/CSA U 600 V
- Test Voltage 2000 V
- Breakdown Voltage min. 5000 V
- Insulation Resistance Min. 200 MOhm x km
- Minimum Bending Radius Flexing 7.5x cable Ø Fixed Installation 4x cable Ø
- Radiation Resistance Up to 20×106 cJ/kg (up to 20 Mrad)